First United Methodist Church Tucson
Connecting with ALL people and growing with Jesus Christ
First Church Voted to Become a Reconciling Congregation in 2010
After a period of discernment, the oldest Protestant Church in Tucson voted to stand up for equal dignity and respect for all persons, regardless of sexual orientation, race, color, nationality or gender. We, as a congregation, are developing a deeper level of understanding of who we are called to be.
Our purpose is to create an increased understanding of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered and Questioning individuals as part of our spiritual journey. We envision a Church environment that is supportive and welcoming to all. Please join us in our endeavors by becoming part of our Team. Meetings are held every 2nd Wednesday of the month at 1:30 PM at the Church. The meeting times are subject to change to accommodate new members who are permanently unavailable for the current schedule.
Each Sunday, many in our congregation wear rainbow-colored stoles as a witness to the wearer’s embrace of the diversity of God’s creation. The wearers publicly stand in solidarity with those who believe all persons should be full participants in the life of the church, in policy and practice, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- RMN Reconciling Ministries Network mobilizes United Methodists of all sexual orientations and gender identities to transform our Church and world into the full expression of Christ’s inclusive love. www.rmnetwork.org
- PFLAG PFLAG promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends through support, education and advocacy. http://www.pflagtucson.org
- Wingspan @ The Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation is the sponsor agency for two former Wingspan programs: Anti-Violence Programs and EON Youth Center. Contact SAAF to access other former Wingspan programs. email@example.com 520 628-7223
- GLSEN Seeks to develop school climates where difference is valued for the positive contribution it makes in creating a more vibrant and diverse community. www.glsen.org
- Affirmation An independent voice of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer people and our supporters. We challenge the United Methodist Church to be inclusive and to radically speak out against injustice for LGBTQ people. http://www.umaffirm.org
- Wesley United Methodist University Ministry program, open and welcoming to all collage age young adults. www.uofawesley.com
- LGBTQ Affairs Program Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Questioning Affairs creates a safe space for thousands of students every year on the U of A campus through programs, trainings, events and through the LGBTQ Resource Center in the Student Union. www.lgbtq.arizona.edu 520 626-1996
- U of A Institute for GLBTQ Studies Promotes LGBTQ research, curricula and public programmingRECONCILING MINISTRY
Reconciling Ministries Network